This chunky breakfast salsa with poached eggs and goats cheese is something that I have been cooking for years (I put this up on Instagram a while ago) and is something that I and everyone I cook this for never get sick of. It’s probably due to the fact that it has my 3 favourite things ever: tomatoes, avocados and goats cheese, but better yet, it’s super healthy as well as super easy so no need to feel guilty!
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 2 hungry people)
1/4 of a cup of red onion
1/4 of goats cheese (or fetta cheese)
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
4 slices of sour dough – toasted
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil for the poached eggs
2. Chop up the avocado, tomatoes, onions (chunky) and put them in bowl.
4. Add the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix (not too much as we don’t wait it squishy)
5. Add in half of the goats cheese and stir slightly
6. Pile on top of the toasted sourdough
7. Place the poached eggs on top (they tend to roll off, but that’s OK it still tastes the same!)
8. Add the rest of the goats cheese and enjoy!